Parents warned about choking danger of baby monitor cords | News
The Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Juvenile Manufacturers Association are warning parents about the choking hazards posed by baby monitor cords.
Since 2002, the commission is aware of seven deaths of infants or toddlers who were strangled by cords and three infants who were nearly strangled.
Parents are urged to place cords at least three feet away from any part of the crib, play yard or any area where a child sleeps, and to never place a monitor inside a crib or on the edge of it.
As part of this safety effort, parents can request a free warning label for baby monitors and other corded monitors. To request a tag and read more safety tips, visit http://babymonitorsafety.org/.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.