Apartments demolished for new Homewood BOE office | News
HOMEWOOD, AL (WBRC)- Demolition began this week of the old Magnolia Park Apartment Complex to make way for a new Homewood Board of Education office.
The property is on Valley Avenue and sits next to Homewood Middle School. The board of education acquired the property a year ago and a spokesperson says they've received approval for the multi-use office.
The board hasn't decided what to do with the rest of the land, which totals about 25 acres.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out