Vestavia athletes offer to rake leaves for disabled or elderly people | News
VESTAVIA HILLS, AL (WBRC)- Several Vestavia Hills High School athletes are offering to rake yards for people in Vestavia Hills who are elderly or disabled.
The City of Vestavia Hills Government said on their Facebook page Monday that Coach Buddy Anderson has a group of willing students ready to rake yards for free in a week-long "Rake a Difference" community outreach.
The students will bring their own yard tools and Allied Waste is providing the trash bags, the post said.
To inquire about the free raking service, call 205-978-0100.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out